Updated May 21st, 2021
At SmartDrone, we believe strongly in fundamental privacy rights. That’s why we treat any data that relates to an identified or identifiable individual or that is linked or linkable to them by SmartDrone as “personal data”. This means data that directly identifies you — such as your name — is personal data, and also data that does not directly identify you, but that can reasonably be used to identify you — such as the serial number of your device — is personal data.
At SmartDrone, we respect your ability to know, access, correct, transfer, restrict the processing of, and delete your personal data. We have provided these rights to our global customer base and if you choose to exercise these privacy rights, you have the right not to be treated in a discriminatory way nor to receive a lesser degree of service from SmartDrone. SmartDrone does not sell your data.
At SmartDrone, we believe that you can have great products and great privacy. This means that we strive to collect only the personal data that we need. The personal data SmartDrone collects depends on how you interact with SmartDrone. In most cases, we go out of our way not to be the responsible party storing your personal details, and we use software services that are experts in managing this type of information.
When you create an ID, apply for any type of credit, purchase and/or activate a product or device, download a software update, register for an event, connect to our services, contact us (including by social media), participate in an online survey, or otherwise interact with SmartDrone, we may collect a variety of information, including:
• Account Information. Your SmartDrone ID and related account details, including email address, devices registered, account status, and age
• Device Information. Data from which your device could be identified, such as device serial number, or other information about your device, such as browser type
• Contact Information. Data such as name, email address, physical address, phone number, or other contact information
• Payment Information. Data about your billing address and method of payment, such as bank details, credit, debit, or other payment card information. At this time we use Stripe and/or PayPal for online transactions. You may want to refer to their Privacy Policies for more information.
• Transaction Information. Data about purchases of SmartDrone products and services or transactions facilitated by SmartDrone, including purchases on SmartDrone platforms
• Fraud Prevention Information. Data used to help identify and prevent fraud, including a device trust score
• Usage Data. Data about your activity on and use of our offerings, such as app launches within our services, including browsing history; search history; product interaction; crash data, performance and other diagnostic data; and other usage data
• Location Information. Precise location only to support lost devices or device health issues, and general location
• Government ID Data. In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government-issued ID in limited circumstances, including when setting up a wireless account and activating your device, for the purpose of extending any type of credit, managing reservations, or as required by law
• Other Information You Provide to Us. Details such as the content of your communications with SmartDrone, including interactions with customer support and contacts through social media channels
You are not required to provide the personal data that we have requested. However, if you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to requests you may have.
SmartDrone may receive personal data about you from other individuals, from businesses or third parties acting at your direction, from our partners who work with us to provide our products and services and assist us in security and fraud prevention, and from other lawful sources.
• Individuals. SmartDrone may collect data about you from other individuals — for example, if that individual has sent you a product or gift card, invited you to participate in a service or forum, or shared content with you.
• At Your Direction. You may direct other individuals or third parties to share data with SmartDrone. For example, you may direct your mobile carrier to share data about your carrier account with SmartDrone for account activation, or for your loyalty program to share information about your participation so that you can earn rewards for SmartDrone purchases.
• SmartDrone Partners. We may also validate the information you provide — for example, when creating an ID, with a third party for security, and for fraud-prevention purposes.
For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices, or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with applicable law, including law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to reidentify individuals who may appear therein.
SmartDrone uses personal data to power our services, to process your transactions, to communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also use personal data for other purposes with your consent.
SmartDrone uses your personal data only when we have a valid legal basis to do so. Depending on the circumstance, SmartDrone may rely on your consent or the fact that the processing is necessary to fulfill a contract with you, protect your vital interests or those of other persons, or to comply with law. We may also process your personal data where we believe it is in our or others’ legitimate interests, taking into consideration your interests, rights, and expectations.
SmartDrone does not use algorithms or profiling to make any decision that would significantly affect you without the opportunity for human review.
SmartDrone does not share personal data with third parties for their own marketing purposes. SmartDrone may share personal data with service providers who act on our behalf, our partners, or others at your direction.
If you purchase a subscription in a third-party app or within SmartDrone’s ecosystem, we create a Subscriber ID that is unique to you and the developer or publisher. The Subscriber ID may be used to provide reports to the developer or publisher, which include information about the subscription you purchased and your country of residence. If you cancel all of your subscriptions with a particular developer or publisher, the Subscriber ID will reset after 180 days if you do not resubscribe. This information is provided to developers so that they can understand the performance of their subscriptions.
At SmartDrone, we believe that great privacy rests on great security. We use administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal data, taking into account the nature of the personal data and the processing, and the threats posed. We are constantly working to improve on these safeguards to help keep your personal data secure.
SmartDrone’s websites, online services, interactive applications, email messages, and advertisements may use “cookies” and other technology such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help us to better understand user behavior for security and fraud prevention purposes, tell us which parts of our websites people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches.
In addition to cookies, SmartDrone uses other technologies that help us achieve similar objectives.
In some email messages SmartDrone sends to you, we provide a “click-through URL” that links you to content on the SmartDrone website. When you click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure whether we are communicating with you effectively. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click graphic or text links in email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format that you can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this data to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Ads that are delivered by SmartDrone’s advertising platform may appear in SmartDrone’s ecosystem, or the AMP Store.
To make sure your personal data is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to SmartDrone employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.